Friday, September 4, 2009

Greg Calls It "Washed Out," I Call It "Classy"

But this is my blog, so I get to design it however I want.  I couldn't figure out how to do all the stuff I imagined because it required a Dr. Suess-ish vocabulary and I don't know a widget from a jaypeg.  I guess you can't go wrong with a stock blogger template and photoshopped iphone pics.  Don't argue.

In other news... I'm updating my blog links too, so if you haven't posted in over two months I'm cleaning you off the roster unless you comment on THIS POST.  Believe me, I understand a neglected blog, but seriously Todd, it's been too long.  To everyone who isn't already on my list and wants to be, leave me a comment and I will show you some love.  That's how I am.

Preschool starts back next week (Glory!). I have a bone to pick with preschool. If preschool were nicer, it wouldn't have abandoned me all summer in the raging, never-ending heat. Where were you preschool while I tried to keep the boys alive under the Elmo sprinkler? Where were you while they ate their ice pops in the bathtub because it was too hot in the driveway? Where were you while our family rolled lethargically around the couch demanding goldfish and juice boxes [Toby and Charlie] and pretending to be asleep [me]? Now here you are again just in time for my boys to play outside in the mild(ish) fall weather instead of dangle whiningly from the fridge door. Don't get me wrong, I'm very glad you came back, but your timing is less than impeccable. 

I forgive you preschool.  Just the sight of your golden head peeking over the horizon like a seraph makes me gracious.  With a couple of free mornings every week, I'm looking forward to sitting in my coffee shop again, plinking out whatever comes to mind and dumping it into cyber space for posterity.  It's the good life.

21 comments:

  1. I like the changes! Show me some link love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Andi, love your blog! I'm making you one of my faves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is a good life. and i believe i want to be added to a professional writer's blog. it makes me feel special.

    ReplyDelete
  4. and preschool LOVES mamas like you!!!! classy-running mamas---

    ReplyDelete
  5. you crack me up, my blog is neglected but still there! love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How you make me laugh! I want sum luv!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like it, love it, want some more of it! Ready for the Fall edition of hilarious and poignant writings. Oh, and football. And pumpkin pie. And sweaters. So get busy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i'm looking forward to you writing again. i've missed you my fellow-sarcastic-life-loving mom & friend :) life is slowing down for me now that i'm back from africa. i hope we can catch up soon. sorry. this is more of a facebook appropriate comment... but i'm too lazy to copy and paste it over there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I linked you up e'rbodeh! Cindy, Angela, and Michelle L. since you don't have a URL with your comment I'm gonna show you my love by saying I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!! It's good to be back in the blogoshpere!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how i love preschool too, and regular school too. You funny Andi!

    ReplyDelete
  11. hahaha love your blogs! and we still need to get together soon. and my blogs aren't as well written as you and andrea but nowitticismshere.wordpress.com if you are ever interested.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jen I could never forget whose Mac took my header photo! The photoshopped iPhone pics are the new ones I posted on the sidebar.

    Soooooo... Does this mean you are blogging again?!!!!

    Kim- I will link you up girl!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I still read about your sweet family!! Just don't ever have time to comment!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the new look. And, LOVE pre-school in session. Glory to God. Peace to all men.

    ReplyDelete
  15. the good life indeed. count me a follower. i enjoy your way.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pre-school, any school - I.love.routine.and.structure.

    (Like the blog look)

    ReplyDelete
  17. You should add the DeeperMoments.ca blog seeing as you've got posts on it too!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm a tad late but ME ME ME!! Captivating is starting up again tomorrow! Love you chicka! :)

    ReplyDelete