Saturday, March 29, 2008

The Frenetic Blog-Hopping Crazy Stalker Has Arrived

It is almost midnight and I have been reading random blogs for over two hours. I started off just scanning the blogs of people I know, then the ones I kind of know or thought I might know if I saw their picture, but it turned psychotic when I began a furious rampage down the right side of each site accessing the "Blogs We Love" one by one, narcissistically wondering if the posts were funnier than mine or if their kids were cuter, etc. Then, I just went ahead and commented on a few as if anyone wants to actually know there are people out there they have not seen in years or have never even met reading all about their son's hernia surgery. (Summer, if you read this your commentary on the screaming epidural-less child serenading the third floor was just too dang funny to ignore.)

So would someone please answer me this... Is it creepy to read blogs of people you don't know? I mean, not like famous people who expect a lusting curiosity, but just everyday families who want to keep grandma updated on the soccer games and birthday parties? I sort of felt like a virtual snoop lurking around some body's living room without asking, while I shamelessly commented to myself about all of their private family events. Like, "oooh... I see you made deviled eggs for Easter lunch how delicious, the children look lovely in their new dresses..." and "Oh my goodness, four baskets in one game, you don't say, you must be so proud"...and "yes, that was a wonderful sounding trip to the lake house, I wish I could have come along." Oh wait, no I don't because you live in Seattle and I have never even heard of you or that stupid lake and all of the sudden I am feeling like a total weirdo. Which brings me to my senses and has me calling myself to a short blogging moratorium.

Not really. I'm still here. But so are you. Get out of here sicko.

Ha, no I'm kidding you can stay. I just want to add that some people's blogs are incredibly boring. But of course no one will be traversing their cyberspace unawares because even grandma has to feign interest. If I was that poor grandma, I would rise up in angst and demand a juicy tidbit or two to accompany the blah blah (picture of junior at summer camp) blah blah blah (family snapshot including dog) blah blah.

Also, I would like to point out how dirty it looked on Facebook when I changed my status from "going to see Thomas" to "had fun riding Thomas with boys". It took me approximately one nanosecond to realize the fun Matt Ferguson would have quoting me to the Youth staff at church in the morning so I revised it. But confound Facebook for documenting every single edit on the wall so there it is for all to see anyway. I just want to emphasize the train, Matt. Thomas the Train.

Well, I hadn't really planned on posting for a couple of days so... enjoy.

10 comments:

  1. I am so glad to know that I'm not the only one. I sometimes catch myself reading the most boring stuff about people I don't even know. I just can't help myself. According to my husband, I have a real problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andi, I am so glad you started a blog. I think I even googled your name a while back to see if you had started one. How creepy is that? I'm so glad to see pictures of baby Charlie, and I love reading your posts. I forgot how well you put things in words. No, you are not narcissistic, and no, I don't think it's so wrong to cruise around on other people's blogs. I guess when you start neglecting feeding your children, you might consider getting help. Until then, I wouldn't sweat it. :) BTW, Michael Ann is one of my links. She had been asking me about you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the best one yet! You are hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So true, so true! I definitely have the same problem, and wonder why I can spend hours on the computer reading about people I don't know! It's sort of fun, and sometimes makes me thankful for my "normal" life! haha!
    love ya

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andi! Why you hatin' on my blog? My grandma loves it! Blogs are fun because it is like eavesdropping on the couple behind you in a restaurant, but more inconspicuous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have I become "that guy"? The one you can't slip up around, because he will verbally annihilate even the slightest of mistakes. Yes, I did see your facebook status. And I swear I did not think anything other than, I can't wait to take Luke to ride the train. However, I am glad that I at least made your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Andi, love your blog entry! I can say that looking at other people's blogs is so fun and so addicting... You my friend are a GREAT blog writer! :)Keep it up. My eyes are broken was hysterical to me. I love listening to Toby.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ok, so funny b/c it randomly goes along with the blog entry! Ha, but I am anonymous.. I forgot to sign my name! HAHAHA! This is Jenn Ferg! I don't have a google account to comment with to leave my name.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Andi!!!!!!!!!!

    SO SO SO good to hear from you after all these years! I found Heckle and had asked her recently if she every talked to you or Sunny....she gave me a little update and then to my surprise - there you were today on my blog!! It's great to hear from you and I loved all your pics you posted. You guys look exactly the same and your boys are just adorable. Are you guys still outside DFW? My husband and I lived in Flower Mound from 2001 to 2004, then moved to Montana, but now we are back in Fayetteville, Arkansas where I went to grad school at the UA. We really like it here...please give me your email so I can email you. Are you still at the same church as Toby and Todd? Does David Barnes live there now too? I have lost total contact with him and would love to know what he and Cheryl are up to and how their kids are too. I am so glad that we've connected after all this time!!!!!!!! It's so great!!! I love you and can't wait to hear and read more from you and keep up with you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Andi, I just found your blog from Jessica R's blog. I thought I would make myself known in light of this post! We were in the 5 Love Languages class together @ CT last fall.
    Okay, now that I've "come out"...off to more reading of your funny tales!
    :)

    ReplyDelete