Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The Girl Next Door

Actually, she lives down the street. I am not sure what manner of charms she imposed on Toby or if it is just her gloriously shiny blond hair, but he has suddenly become the pre-school version of George Clooney, flaunting three whole years of sophistication around the driveway on his swanky red trike.

He held nothing back. Her eight year old self floated gracefully up on a light purple Schwinn. Something inside him said Toby, she is special. Let her know you are a big kid. So after pointing out that her bike was "pwitty", he reached for the all-time greatest pick-up line anyone under five ever attempted...

"Lexi, do you need to poop? Because I know how to poop in the potty."

Bold move, little buddy. Very bold.

16 comments:

  1. So funny Andi. If only it were that easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HILARIOUS!! That was VERY bold for sweet Toby. So proud he is stepping out of his comfort zone in such a BIG way!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Toby is so very cool. So very, very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha that made me laugh out loud thanks..

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's how barrett won my heart :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. True life is SO much better than fiction. And well told--as you are gifted--it is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh sweet mercy. It's all about the poop with the boys, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Andi!
    I was looking at pictures on Jodi's blog and I came across yours! I love the pictures of your boys. (And the poop story was too funny!!) Can you believe it's been three years since we worked together at Pecan Creek? My son will be 2 in August. Time flies!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that would have melted my heart right then and there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ok, so far that is my favoirte blog post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness, totally would have worked on me.....LOL I can't stop laughing

    ReplyDelete
  12. My little guy is so smooth with the ladies! I am so impressed! Did he learn his style from his Dad? Tell him there is nothing better than a guy that poops in his own potty...LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes Bebe, Toby has acquired the ability to poop in the potty and read a magazine -- just like dad. Aim high little buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It starts early doesn't it! Boys will be boys! Doesn't ever change unfortunately. THanks for the laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ha-Ha! Thanks for the giggle. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Andi, you're brilliant! I LOVE reading your posts. And your son, well he sounds rather brilliant himself.

    ReplyDelete