Monday, April 21, 2008

Bothered

Has anyone been watching the coverage of the polygamists in Texas? I read this on MSN, and I am more than a little bothered. I am sad if these kids were being abused. I am also sad that mothers and children are forced to separate. I hope they prove or disprove something soon so it can be resolved. I can't stand the thought of tons of kids (lots of LITTLE kids)having to go through this without the comfort of their mothers. But if they were being harmed...

It is hard to find truth amid such blatant weirdness.

So...
Do you think that most or all of the children were in danger with their mothers (some agreed to leave the compound just to get their kids back, but were denied)? Do you think removing the kids indefinitely until it is all sorted out is the best option to prevent further abuse or risk of flight?

3 comments:

  1. I'm sure there were some smaller children who weren't being harmed at the moment, but when they are getting these young teens pregnant to make them stay on the compound, that's just sick.

    Love the dialogue between you and Toby on the previous post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can say is that if I were one of those kids and could fast forward 20 years, I would much rather endure a separation from my mom and dad/uncle/grandpa/cousin (could be all in the same)to not be exposed to the harmful nature of growing up in such a cult where they know nothing else and are not able to be exposed to the TRUTH, then to be thrust back into the environment as a child and 20 years later still be trying to separate truth from the deception I had known all my life. Among other things with the latter of trying to answer the question of why didn't anyone care enough to get me out of that situation when it was clearly illegal despite being biblically wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know enough about the situation to have a true opinion, but I have to agree with Mel's comment. My heart breaks for anyone who does not have the opportunity to be exposed to the TRUTH!! This may be these kids' only opportunity to have that chance. We should all just pray for everyone involved, especially the people that are caring for these children during the investigation!

    ReplyDelete