Monday, April 28, 2008

Friends

Welp, my site got an overhaul. Thanks to the talent of a borrowed Mac Notebook you will now spend the first moment on "Tales from the Running Mama" hoping I remembered to Lysol the high chair tray. At least its a diversion from counting the spider veins on my thigh which is what I spend the first moment doing.



I have a confession. I do not have a computer. Well, I have a "computer" that my mother-in-law gave me two years ago that may be the actual first laptop man ever carved from stone. I think King Tut was clutching his gnarly mummified arms around it when they dug him out of his rickety old tomb. So if all you want to do is play solitaire or move the tiny hourglass cursor around the screen all afternoon while you are waiting for the Internet to connect, then I have the perfect machine for you.



Go ahead and feel sorry for me. I do. I pout every time I sit next to my husband at the kitchen table, tapping my foot, waiting for him to finish checking his e-mail and updating his Facebook status so I can use his own personal laptop that he has to himself all day. That is what I do just before I type up my post that I pre-wrote ON PAPER. In case you were wondering, paper is this white stuff that ancient peoples used to scrawl runes on before there was Microsoft Word.



Every cloud has its silver lining, and mine is this: Sunday afternoon I spent an hour and a half taking "Mac" pictures of my stupid running shoes in front of any baby paraphernalia available while laughing my face off with my best friend. Jen, thank you for everything you have ever done for me. I love sharing my life with you because you make it funnier, sweeter, and deeper than it would ever be alone.

13 comments:

  1. Great picture. Your legs are hot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make me laugh/you make me cry/sigh/what a woman!

    You are such a kind person. Anyone who writes my name and "funnier" in the same sentence has to be benevolent.

    I always have a blast when I'm with you. I'll never forget: "Okay, now lose the high chair. Lookin' good! Now lose the baby bottle. Uh-huh! Work it! All we need now is a floor fan!"

    Thanks for all the encouragement on the new blog, too, as I find my voice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found you from Nat's blog. Cute, cute pic! Cute post! Keep up that running!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andi, I just found your blog I was best friends with your sister in high school. I was Nicole Pittman but I am now Nicole Knox. How are you doing? Love your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The picture is GREAT! I really love it and it is the perfect fit for your blog! You need to post all the out-takes somewhere! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the pic!! It is so perfect for your blog...spider veins my butt!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You cutie pie, you. I've heard of that paper stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love, love, LOVE the pic! it looks like it could be the cover of a book; which you could totally write by the way. you are very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Andi
    It was a joy to talk with you today. I see you know Natalie Witcher, ok my world just keeps getting smaller, I just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ok I will stop complaining about my very old and very slow computer. My husband won't touch it unless he has to. He does all his email, blog ect from work, but mine at least does connect to the internet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey girl! Love the new picture! I have heard of this thing you call paper, however, I can't remember the last time I saw it as it should be and not in shreds on my kitchen floor. I suppose this mom should teach her Superheroes how to use paper correctly. You never know when they may be left without a computer. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are so beautiful! I do not see one imperfection at all in that picture. I love your blog! I read it all the time and it makes me cry.

    ReplyDelete