Saturday, April 12, 2008

Member When?

Having a baby in the house has awakened Toby to a new dimension. It is called the past and it has proven itself a tricky little concept to squeeze a brain around.


He asks:


Member when I was in dat bed mommy? (Points at crib)


Member when I yoos to eat in dere mommy? (Points at high chair)


Member when I put my poop in my diaper? (Yes, I say with emphasis, since it was like two months ago)


Member when I was in a box at Big Toby's house? (He says after visiting our friends new puppies, to which I quickly say no, you were not ever in a box)


The past is complex.

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are writing all this down for Toby to get a good idea of what his "past" REALLY looked like. I can only imagine the stuff my mom would have written about us...and she was not even the writer you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute! Carson does that too...they come up with some pretty funny things. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man. It's funny how the past comes back to haunt them. Raegan is almost 4 and has been wanting me to rock and sing her to sleep like I do for Greyson. I love that picture of you guys.

    ReplyDelete