Saturday, December 27, 2008

Clarification

Merry Christmas
From The Hawkins Family


First of all...
This is a late, cheap, unoriginal Christmas E-Card. Please consider it the heartfelt gesture of love I truly intended to post a few days ago... I love you all dearly and have had more fun this year blogging than you can imagine.


And for the clarification...

It was Christmas Eve service. Me and my two noisy, irreverent, children were sitting with my in-laws. It was a solemnly quiet moment, and the gazillion people around us were reflective while Big Toby gave the message.

Big Toby: Baby Jesus came to the world, grew into a man, and, finally, died for us on the cross.

Little Toby: (With a loud gasp) He died?

Apparently we have 32.9 years in the Life of Christ to cover in the new year.

5 comments:

  1. i love this...i would have loved to have seen your face when he said that----merry christmas and i love the pic of the boys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pic... guess no white christmas down south huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of my new favorite Little Toby stories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you sure that comment didn't come from one of my own kids? I know....reading bible stories every night is one of my new year's resolutions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, Goose was sad that she doesn't get to meet Mary. Wha?

    ReplyDelete