Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The Funniest Thing Toby Ever Said

I am re-posting this story from early summer for Kim's Favorites Party. It is my all-time favorite post.

"The Girl Next Door"

Actually, she lives down the street. I am not sure what manner of charms she imposed on Toby or if it is just her gloriously shiny blond hair, but he has suddenly become the pre-school version of George Clooney, flaunting three whole years of sophistication around the driveway on his swanky red trike.


He held nothing back. Her eight year old self floated gracefully up on a light purple Schwinn. Something inside him said Toby, she is special. Let her know you are a big kid. So after pointing out that her bike was "pwitty", he reached for the all-time greatest pick-up line anyone under five ever attempted...


"Lexi, do you need to poop? Because I know how to poop in the potty."


Bold move, little buddy. Very bold.

10 comments:

  1. That is funny! I'm sure he will love that pickup line when he is older and you all tease him like crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so great. I wonder how long he will continue to use that one liner.
    Boys are so wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think he learned his pick up lines from his dad!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha. So cute. My two year old told me this morning. "I just poop all day long." I have no idea where that came from.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Smooth. Some guy used that one on me once, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's just as funny the second time around!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That boy's going to be a ladies' man, all right! I wish I had thought of lines like that when I was younger! :)

    Beautiful kids!

    ReplyDelete